Regarding the personal data collected and what HGMT does with that data.
When you supply your personal details to HGMT they are stored and processed for the following reasons:
1. We need to collect personal information about your health in order to provide you with the best possible treatment. Your requesting treatment and our agreement to provide that care constitutes to a contract. You can, of course, refuse to provide the information, but if you were to do that we would not be able to provide treatment.
2. We have a legitimate interest in collecting that information, because without it we couldn’t do our job effectively and safely.
3. We also think that it is important that we can contact you in order to confirm your appointments with us or to update you on matters related to care. This again constitutes legitimate interest, but this time it is your legitimate interest.
4. Provided we have your consent, we may very occasionally send you general information in the form of articles, advice or newsletters. You may withdraw this consent at any time – just let us know by any convenient method.
HGMT has a legal obligation to retain your records for ten years after your most recent appointment but after this period they will be deleted.
Your records are stored:
• on paper, in a locked filing cabinet
• Personal contact details are stored on computer which is password protected, regularly backed up and used only by HGMT
• Your data will not be shared with anyone without your written consent
You have the right to see what personal data of yours HGMT holds, and you can also ask us to correct any factual errors.
Provided the legal minimum period of ten years has passed you can also ask us to erase your records.
HGMT wants you to be absolutely confident that we are treating your personal data responsibly, and that we are doing everything we can to make sure that the only people who can access that data have a genuine need to do so.
Of course, if you feel that we are mishandling your personal data in some way, you have the right to complain. Complaints need to be sent the Data Controller:
Tel: 07483 885500
Rowan House, Yettington, Budleigh Salterton EX9 7BN
If you are not satisfied with our response, then you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioners Office.